ADVISING ON FDI POLICIES
SCSG operatives have extensive experience advising Foreign Direct Investors on Malaysia’s economic policies, licensing procedures, exchange controls and related issues.
Government policies and procedures that impinge on investment decisions may include both Federal- and State-level policies, as well as potential Government development funds and grants.
Licensing and investment structuring issues may include:
- The legal entity used for a direct or indirect investment in Malaysia
- Financing options for the legal entity, including any exchange control issues
- Tax treatment of the legal entity and its particular funding requirements or restrictions
- Accounting policies for the legal entity, including for upfront tax planning
- Industry-specific licensing procedures
- Fiscal and non-fiscal investment incentives
Advisory services include researching and preparing formal applications, and liaising with the relevant authority or regulator.