ADVISING ON FDI POLICIES
SCSG operatives have extensive experience advising Foreign Direct Investors on Malaysia’s economic policies, licensing procedures, exchange controls and related issues.
Government policies and procedures that impinge on investment decisions can include both Federal- and State-level policies, as well as Government development funds and grants.
Licensing and investment structuring issues can include:
- The types of legal entity used for direct or indirect investment in Malaysia
- Financing options for different legal entities, including exchange control issues
- Tax treatment of different legal entities taking into account funding requirements or restrictions
- Accounting policies for different legal entities, including for upfront tax planning
- Industry-specific licensing procedures
- Fiscal and non-fiscal investment incentives
Advisory services include researching and preparing formal applications, and liaising with the relevant authority or regulator.